Monday, May 15, 2006

Don't be too hard on the baseball gods.

After all, they answered one of my mean-spirited little prayers. As those who read us occasionally know, I've been hoping that some ill would befall the San Francisco freak before he started blaspheming baseball lore. Although it hadn't worked when he passed some other guys I like, including Willie Mays, I was still hopeful that it would. This week, a lesser god must have answered my prayers. BB didn't hit a homer to tie the Great Babe. That's important to me. If he does hit one soon, it will be in another ballpark, where the fans won't kiss his ass. Instead, he'll be subjected to some form of indignity.

It's not much, but it's all I got.

1 comment:

Mike said...

If the Giants played the Indians THIS season, you know Bonds would tie and pass the Babe in successive at-bats, driving in Omar Vizquel both times.