Monday, May 15, 2006

"F-You Jobu, I Do It Myself"

When Danny Graves and Steve Karsay were signed last December, I said that the Indians may have trying to appease the baseball gods, but when the Tigers sweep you for the first time in 16 years and only need a grand total of 11 runs to do it, the gods obviously ain't appeased.

The Indians released Graves after Friday's game, and sent Karsay to Oakland for cash yesterday. By dumping Graves and Karsay on the same weekend, the fourth place Indians have officially thumbed their noses at the baseball gods.

In light of the team's performance, maybe that's for the best. Perhaps it's time for the Tribe to take some advice from their fictional teammate Pedro Cerrano:

"I'm pissed now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now, I say, fu** you, Jobu. I do it myself."

Update: Looks Like Dude, WTF is on the same wavelength that we are today in terms of channeling Pedro Cerrano and Major League. I know I speak for Vinny when I say that we applaud and encourage her willingness to get nekkid to help the Tribe snap out of this slump. Still, I'm sure you'll be thankful to hear that there's no chance I'm going to make a similar offer (even though I've also been told that I have a nice rack).

6 comments:

thatchick said...

Too funny Rhino, that you should post that Jobu thing today!

Vinny said...

thatchick nice snap.

I'm constrained to agree with my Hornless friend. Like him, I certainly applaud your dedication to the Tribe and think you should immediately begin the nudity, as much as possible and as often as possible. If you happen to plan to do it at a game, please let us all know where you sit.

thatchick said...

I'll tell you guys something, if you ever make it down to Portage Lakes for drinks, always a good possibility for ThatChick to show some serious skin. Especially if it'll give the boys a win...although, I'm certain someone, or several someones saw my rack Friday night, cuz I was sad from the loss.

Mike said...

I'm sad from not seeing that rack. Screw the Indians losses. Give me something good to write on my blog. God hates Cleveland sports, but not Cleveland boobs!

Vinny said...

Harbor Inn?

thatchick said...

Bob's. Even though baseball is a guys' sport, sometimes it takes a chick to really get the job done! So don't sweat the Lou Pinella suggestion. But I'm a little nuts too, soi that may have something to do with it.