Saturday, April 29, 2006

Round 2---Nice Pick

The Browns moved up in the second round to select D'Qwell Jackson, a linebacker from Maryland. He's a little undersized but has nice quickness to the ball and is a pretty sure tackler. He's not real fancy, but he tackles the right way and doesn't let his guy slip away.

To no one's surprise, the Brownies went defense with the first two picks, and the combination of Wimbley and Jackson will be an immediate upgrade. Even though I think Wimbley needs to get some extra strength to go along with his speed, I like him. He'll be better than anyone we've had for the last 3 years.

It will be interesting to see if Romeo has Jackson playing inside or outside or switching him between the positions.

I have to say that I'm stunned that Winston Justice is still on the board. I would have been happy if the Browns had snagged him with either of their first two picks.

I'm guessing that Savage will be looking for a speedy running back or a good coverage cornerback with the next pick.

No comments: