Monday, November 07, 2005

Boys will be boys.


And girls most definitely will be girls. That includes the spirited beautiful woman who occasionally diddles another woman in public. What's the big deal? That's the kind of thing that guys read about in articles that begin, "I attend a major midwestern college; and I never thought this would happen to me; but...." As has been said, that's the stuff that dreams are made of.

Apparently, it's not and I'm sadly out of step with the rest of America because a couple of the TopCats, the Carolina Panthers' cheerleaders, were arrested this weekend for having sex in a public bathroom. Their mug shots are above. I'm still trying to figure out who reported them. I know that a disgruntled customer complained that they were tying up the bathroom with their antics, but for cryin' out loud, it was at a Banana Joe's in Tampa. Do you think that was the first time two people had sex there? Do you think it was even the first time last week that someone had sex there?

Stuff like that happens all the time. Lots of us wish and hope against hope that it would happen to us. So, why the outrage and an arrest? Is it just that this is fine for us to think about or even do but not acknowledge in polite company? This whole experience left me a little confused, but then I thought about Colonel Jessup. He may have said it best:

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about
at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.

---Colonel Nathan R. Jessup
A Few Good Men

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cause of the cheerleader fight in the bathroom was misreported. Rather than showing impatience, I think the woman waiting for the stall just felt a little Mitch Martin "shock and awe" when the stall door flung opened:

"True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a goddamn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend..."

Mitch Martin
Old School

Anonymous said...

vinny's right. i'm a thirty-two year old, sexy bisexual woman who occasionally likes to have some fun in public. my response is that you want me in that stall. you need me in that stall.

kisses.
---cami

ps the blog is great for all of us displaced clevelanders.

Anonymous said...

Vinny is right. Any post that elicits the following is absolutely perfect:

"i'm a thirty-two year old, sexy bisexual woman who occasionally likes to have some fun in public."

Way to go Vinny (and Cami)

Vinny said...

I just love the Mitch Martin quote. That's great.

That being said, I hope that Cami, if ever in Cleveland, visits The Vinny and the Hornless Rhino World Headquarters to say hello.