Saturday, September 15, 2007

Time to Appease The Baseball Gods

Vinny's optimism about the Indians is making me very, very nervous. He almost gave me a heart attack when he said they could start printing playoff tickets. Now he's all jolly again this morning over last night's hard-fought win.

Like everybody else, I desperately want to see the Tribe in the playoffs this year, but I also don't want to be blamed if Vinny's sunny postings provoke the always fickle baseball gods.

So, I'll light some incense and share my rum with Jobu (pictured left), and sprinkle a little mindless negativity around in order to counteract the potentially devastating effects of Vinny's positive thinking.

The Tribe sucks. The Tribe will choke. The Tribe sucks. The Tribe will choke.

Suck. Suck. Suck. Choke. Choke. Choke. Choke. Choke. Hell, I'll even throw up a picture of Ozzie for emphasis.



There. That ought to do it. If the Tribe wins the Division, remember to give me all of the credit. If they lose, blame Vinny. We all know that at this point, the players and manager have nothing to do with it. It's all about me appeasing the baseball gods. Well that, plus my lucky hat.

No comments: