Monday, June 19, 2006

I Am the Luckiest Guy in Cleveland

I was out of town this weekend, and didn't see a single inning of the last three games of the Indians' season, err.., I mean road trip. That doesn't mean that my weekend was completely free of bad baseball. In fact, I was in Chicago and went to see the Tigers dismantle the Cubbies on Saturday. (I'm not asking for sympathy--even though the baseball sucked, there's still nothing like an afternoon at Wrigley Field.)

Having watched the Cubs this weekend, I can assure you that this week's Interleague epic between the Tribe and Chicago is shaping up to be faaaannnn-tastic! The Cubs are beyond terrible, and the Indians return from their 2-7 road trip trailing Detroit by two touchdowns. So Cleveland fans, get ready for a spectacle featuring two special needs teams facing off in front of a crowd that could end up consisting mostly of angry drunks and empty seats by the 7th inning stretch.

Interleague play? I Live for This!

No comments: