Sunday, March 26, 2006

Speaking of Out West...

That's where I am right now. My kids are on spring break, so we're taking them to Sedona, Arizona, and the Grand Canyon. I will post some of the pictures that Mrs. Rhino takes upon my return.

I may not come back, but not just because it's beautiful out here. I'm ashamed to face the harassment I'm going to get about my NCAA pool picks. This weekend has seen not only the end of Texas, Boston College and Memphis' dreams of a national championship, but the end of my last vestige of NCAA pool respectability. In fact, one of my brackets ranks 210th out of 212 entries in our office pool--and that's an improvement from where I stood last week at this time. Until last night, however, I could save face by pointing out that Memphis was my pick in that bracket, and that I was one of only two guys in the pool who picked the Tigers.

Today, of course, thanks to one of the worst offensive performances since teams stopped wearing canvas Chuck Taylor's, Memphis has taken the pipe, and I have nothing but shame and ridicule to look forward to upon my return. So, if you don't see me back in Northeast Ohio, you know why. Whose idea was this stupid tournament anyway?

1 comment:

theMike said...

You can't be the only one who has a terrible bracket though. Only the second time in history that no #1 teams are in the final four. Use it as an excuse.