Friday, March 17, 2006

NCAA Tourney

One of the cool things about the NCAA tournament this year is the ability to access a live tv feed of the games on CBSSportsline.com. I did this for a little while yesterday afternoon, because I was freaking out when I returned from lunch to find Boston College getting pushed around by Pacific. I don't have any great love for BC, but I do have them winning it all in one of my pools.

Having your national champ go down in the round of 64 is a total bummer, so I had to see the end of the game. I went to the website, and when I tried to log on, found that I was number 125 in line. I thought I'd be there all afternoon, but managed to get on in about 90 seconds. The video's a little choppy, but it doesn't cost anything and the good folks at CBS have even included a boss key, which allows you to hide the video with the usual spreadsheet pop-up in case Mr. Dithers pokes his head in.

Much to my relief, BC survived in double OT. Maybe it's a good omen.

No comments: