Friday, March 17, 2006

I'm Winning Something--Even though I'm the Wrong Species

My company is having a "pet photo" contest as a Harvest for Hunger fundraiser. People pay $10 to enter their pet, and the winner gets a gift certificate of some kind. Anyway, somebody entered a picture of me that was taken about 15 years ago after I consumed several (okay, a lot more than several) adult beverages during a Browns playoff game.

For the record, I am not an animal! I am a human being! Nevertheless, I am also currently in first place in the pet photo contest.

I'm philosophical about this. After all, there's no such thing as bad media, and I'm sure the news of my triumph would occupy a prominent place on our company intranet. God, I love attention. Not all pets do, you know--take this dog for example.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to attach the (so far) winning picture. Please rectify this.

Hornless Rhino said...

Willy,

I don't have it--it's in the contest. If I win, I'll post it.