Wednesday, March 22, 2006

How Bout Them Cavs?

Tonight the Cavs take on the Charlotte Bobcats at The Q. The Cavs are coming off a big win over the Lakers and are looking to solidify their hold on...awww, who the hell cares anyway?

Face it, one round in the playoffs and the Wine and Gold is deader than Disco. In all likelihood, they're either going to draw an experienced playoff team (the Indiana Pacers), or a team that they've beaten just once in their the last six meetings (the Washington Wizards). Sure, home court advantage means a lot in the NBA, but not enough to make up for the shortcomings of a team that has shown a real lack of physical and mental toughness during crunch time.

I know they haven't been to the playoffs since 1998, but I'll be damned if I'm going to get excited about what looks like a classic "one and done" scenario. I guess you can consider me immune from Cavs playoff fever for this season. The pieces for a long playoff run just aren't there.

No comments: