Friday, November 25, 2005

Jean Schmidt is an ass

I'm a simple guy. I've got to call 'em like I see 'em, and the way I see it, Congresswoman Jean Schmidt (R-Ohio) is a gutless harpie. She's an ass for intimating that Congressman Murtha is a coward or that he proposed a course of cowardice. But in some ways, I could see how she easily came to that conclusion. He only served 37 years in the Marines and the Marine Corp Reserve. He retired as a Colonel. He received two Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star with combat "V," the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry, and the Navy Distinguished Service Medal. On the other hand, in her 79 days in office, she's stood on the front line and kept Clermont County safe from terrorists, communists, and hippies (I'm pretty sure about the hippies even though I can't find any proof of it). I suspect members of Al Qaeda run in fear when her name is mentioned. They certainly know better than to try to screw with the hillbillie infested backwater she represents.

Eventually, she apologized.

I'm tired of these craven apologies. If she meant what she said during her speech on the floor of Congress, she should let it stand, as ridiculous as it was. She should be willing to take the heat and the millions of jokes at her expense for her lofty principle. To me, it seemed that in the end, she was the one who "cut and ran."

No comments: