Monday, July 23, 2007

A good evening

Last night, I joined some pals for what I thought was going to be a small cook-out. Well, our host surprised me by firing up shrimp, scallops, lamb chops, chicken and dogs. I hadn't seen some of those guys for too long, and it was great to catch up with them. There was plenty of cold beer to make a nice evening just right. Then, I took it to the gutter.

During a conversation with a buddy of mine, who is a law prof at CWRU, we got into a little light politics. That's when I casually mentioned that I'd read that Sen. David Vitters (R-La) liked his whore to diaper him (make sure you check out the impossibly weird campaign ad that Vitters ran in '04). He hadn't heard that, which kind of surprised me. He's a political hound, and stays abreast of important current events. Isn't that one? Anyway, my mistake was bringing it up while people were eating because Vitters alleged predilection made people speculate whether he occasionally NEEDS to be diapered. I guess that nugget probably was a little troubling to the several parents of young children who are still in diapers. They probably see enough sh** everyday and don't need to hear about Sen. Vitters' senatorial excrement. By the way, if you like piling on, go here.

It really was a good time.

When I got home, it was time to watch the Tribe spar with the Rangers. Paul Byrd kept the Rangers off balance for five plus innings, and everything else fell into place. Barfield went 3-4, drove in a pair, and stole a base. Even though he hasn't lived up to expectations feuled by a terrific rookie year, I like having Barfield on the team. He plays a pretty solid second base, and he's not utterly stationary on the basepaths. If he can return to the numbers he posted last year away from PETCO Park, he'd be a great two-hole hitter. Michaels and Martinez also chipped in with two rbi each, and the Tribe won 8-3. It was a good finish to a good day.

No comments: