Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Yinzers Sopranos Parody

As much as I hate to give Pittsburgh credit for anything, I thought this Pittsburgh Pirates parody of The Sopranos finale was kind of funny. According to Deadspin, they're showing it on the Jumbotron at PNC Park, and it's certainly a couple of notches above sausage races.



Speaking of The Sopranos, I hate David Chase -- no, not for the ending, which I thought was brilliant in an "F--- All of You" kind of way. My problem with the guy is that over the course of the last two weeks of the show, he made William Butler Yeats seem trite and über-cretin Steve Perry seem profound. As far as I'm concerned any effort to rehabilitate Perry is practically a crime against humanity.

To make things worse, that simply idiotic song's been getting stuck in my head for over a week now. I don't care how many times the REOStyxJourneywagon front man tells me otherwise, there's still no such place as South Detroit.

No comments: