Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Angry Drunks and Empty Seats

Holy crap! It's worse than I thought. There really isn't a team in the majors that the Indians can beat right now. It also looks like yesterday's comment about angry drunks and empty seats was pretty accurate, and may well be a preview of what the rest of the season will look like.

I watched Eric Wedge's post-game press conference, and I really felt bad for the guy. He truly seems at a loss to explain what's happening to this team. Sure, I'll turn on him soon enough and start demanding his head, but last night, he had my sympathy. Or maybe just my pity.

Fortunately, I had Game 7 of the Stanley Cup to distract me from the Tribe last night. By the way, congratulations to the Carolina Hurricanes, whose fans deserve the Stanley Cup every bit as much as the Florida Marlins' fans deserve their team's two World Series championships.

No comments: