Sunday, April 30, 2006

Nice job.

As much as I didn't like the Browns' fourth round selections, I did like their two picks in the fifth. The Browns grabbed RB Jerome Harrison of Washington State and CB DeMario Minter of Georgia. I really like the Minter pick. He could play right away.

The somewhat troubling thing is that the ESPN guys have had almost nothing to say about any of the Browns' picks after Wimbley. That gives me the impression that they think the picks are pretty uninspiring.

Then again, maybe Phil Savage truly is the talent evaluation genius we all hope he is, and we'll be singing his praises when all these guys pan out.

1 comment:

Hornless Rhino said...

Minter's another guy that a lot of people had going on the first day. He's a nice addition.

I heard a caller on a radio show today whose kid plays QB at Washington State. He was singing Harrison's praises big time. If you Google Harrison, you'll find plenty of positive articles about him.