Monday, April 03, 2006

NCAA Championship Prediction: Jeff Bezos v. Dukie V


This is Jeff Bezos. He's a billionaire. He's the CEO of Amazon.com, has raised more money from investors than anyone in the history of capitalism except for the Google guys, and even got named Time's "Man of the Year" back when the Internet was all that.

Most men would settle for that. Not Bezos. He wants to be a hoops prognosticator. His company spammed America's inboxes this morning with the bold prediction that UCLA was going to take home the trophy. That takes some cojones.

Dukie V likes Florida, but only because Duke isn't playing. Let's linger on the last clause of that sentence for awhile, shall we?

Duke isn't playing.

What beautiful words those are, huh?

Anyway, I don't like Dukie V, I admire Bezos' cojones, and Amazon offers free supersaver shipping on qualifying orders over $25. That settles it: I'm picking UCLA. Judging by their offensive output against everybody except Belmont, I think the score ought to be something you'd expect from a couple of mediocre high school teams: UCLA 57, Florida 52.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice prediction.

Hornless Rhino said...

Hey, what did you expect? Remember, I'm 210/213 in my pool. I think I'll stick to the Browns games.