Monday, April 03, 2006

Amazon.com Predicts a Bruins Victory


Look at what just showed up in my in-box. Amazon.com wants me to buy NCAA championship merchandise, and according to them, it's all over but the shouting. Congrats to the Bruins! On the other hand, maybe Amazon.com is hedging their bets a little, since their advertising pitch reads as follows:

"Congratulations, [placeholder for winning team]! As someone who has purchased sports-related products, we thought you should be the first to see our selection of NCAA championship products."

So, Gator fans, there's still hope. Despite the bold prediction, Amazon.com hasn't embroidered UCLA's name on the hats they're selling.



I wonder if I beat Deadspin to the punch on this one?

Update: Yes, I did beat Deadspin to the punch. Of course, their post is much more entertaining, but you heard it here first.

No comments: