Friday, March 03, 2006

Listen Up

Coach Jim Tressel (no, not him, the real one) has posted an appeal to Buckeye fans on his website to support Operation Helmet. You should do that right away.

The helmets American troops wear are designed to protect against bullets and shrapnel, not against the explosive blast waves and large fragments associated with the IED weapons that they are confronting in Iraq. Why the incompetent a-holes in our government haven't addressed this situation in the almost three years we've been in Iraq is a question only they can answer, but we can do something to protect our soldiers even if our government won't.

Click on this link and help our troops upgrade their helmets so that they provide better protection against IEDs. One helmet upgrade kit costs less than $100. As cheap as I am, I even gave money to them, and I hope you do the same.

If you're interested in donating, you may want to look into the deal that Coach Tressel's offering. Coach Tressel will donate the proceeds received from fans who sign up for membership on his website during the month of March to Operation Helmet. If you do this, you'll also get to attend a closed spring practice scrimmage at the Horseshoe on Saturday, April 8th. This sounds way cool and seems like a pretty good deal for $49.95. I may even sign up myself. I wonder if he'd autograph my toy hovercraft?

No comments: