Sunday, March 12, 2006

Breaking News

I know the NCAA brackets were finalized an hour ago. I know the U.S. beat Japan in the World Baseball Classic with the help of a terrible call in the 8th inning on a sac fly that should've given Japan the lead. I know that NFL free agency is still going hot and heavy. But that's not why I'm posting.

I just got a look at Bartolo Colon in the Dominican Republic v. Puerto Rico World Baseball Classic game. Bart is listed at 5'11" and 250 lbs., but I'm telling you right now, he's at least 300 lbs. Colon must have put on no fewer than 25 lbs. since last season ended.

It looks like if he rears back and brings the kind of heat he's capable of, he may well explode. My God, I hope they've got a defibrillator ready and Johnny Gage and his cohorts at Squad 51 on standby.

No comments: