Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Winter Olympiad

Da-dum, da-da dum dum-da-dum da-da dum, da-dum, da-da dum dum-da-dum da da.

The Winter Olympics are here! Yaaah!! Yaaaaaaahhhhh!!!

On the other hand, who the hell cares?

I don't like the Winter Olympics. In fact, the only two things about the Winter Olympics in my lifetime that haven't utterly sucked are the Miracle on Ice, and Franz Klammer's sick downhill run in 1976. I usually ignore them, but for a glimpse at the occasional hockey game or skiing event. In fact, just yesterday, I told a friend that I wasn't going to do any blogging on the Olympics, because they were so lame.

But I reluctantly changed my mind. After all, it's not every year that the Olympics are held in a town named for Starsky & Hutch's car. So, if the stoner skier mouths off or something else bizarre happens, you can rely on Vinny and the Hornless Rhino for the latest in Olympic news. If not, then you're stuck with watching NBC's coverage while Vinny and I try to come up with something intelligent to say about the Cavs.

When does baseball start anyway?

No comments: