Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Chad Greenway

Still pouting over the fact that A.J. Hawk isn't going to be there with the 12th pick? Yeah, me too--although I hear he's got a new haircut that makes him look like a dolphin.

Speaking of bad haircuts, Mel Kiper thinks that the Browns may console themselves with this guy, Chad Greenway of Iowa. That's one hell of a consolation prize. Greenway's 6'4", 250 lbs. and runs a 4.55 forty. The scouting report basically says that he's a stud. Lower body strength and the ability to shed blocks are some of the raps against him, along with a tendency to play in an undisciplined manner. (When did this become a negative for a linebacker?) He also blew out a knee during his freshman year at Iowa and had to have reconstructive surgery, which I'm sure will factor into the Browns' decisionmaking if he's still on the board.

I know that OLB is a critical position in the 3-4, but I think the Browns actually have bigger needs on the offensive and defensive lines. Still, it sure wouldn't break my heart to see them take Greenway with the 12th pick. I wonder if the decision on whether to pick an OLB in the first round might come down to whether the Browns think Bobby Carpenter will be available in the second?

No comments: