Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Random Musings

  • Congratulations to the Buckeyes, who whipped my Fighting Irish's ass last night in a game that was not as close as the score indicated. I really didn't enjoy the game; not just because the Irish lost, but also because for the first time in my memory, I was rooting against the Buckeyes. Maybe Woody Hayes was onto something when he adamantly opposed adding Notre Dame to Ohio State's schedule.

  • Regardless of their differences, I think Buckeye and Irish fans can all agree that Brady Quinn's sister appears to be higher maintenance than an Alpha Romeo. (Okay, this is officially retracted. One commenter suggested I was too hard on her, and after thinking about it, I agree. In hindsight, the fault here lies with Brent and ABC, who for some inexplicable reason couldn't get enough of this story line and kept putting the camera on this woman and shoving a microphone in front of her face.)

  • What terrible thing have we done to deserve Brent Musberger?

  • With Collins' resignation, it looks like the suit is out as the Browns' new uniform. It seems that at the last possible moment, Randy Lerner realized that he was about to make a critical decision about the Browns' future based on the advice of the man who gave America Janet Jackson's Super Bowl halftime nipple extravaganza.

  • Nobody will believe me, but a friend of mine called me yesterday and asked about what I thought the Fiesta Bowl score would be. I said Ohio State, 37-21.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woody's concern about playing ND was that loyalty to Rome comes first. Thus, I'm betting Woody voted for Nixon in 1960.

Anonymous said...

You were a little harsh about Quinn's sister. She's only been dating Hawk for a while. On the other hand, if her little brother has a good game, the whole family probably benefits from a big fat draft day pay day.
In short, I'd give her a go anytime she's ready.

Anonymous said...

So Sleepy Jim, you ever sleep with that other horse-face, John Elway?

Hornless Rhino said...

Okay, boys, that's enough. She's somebody's sister (the QB of my favorite team, to be precise), and now I feel bad about even mentioning her.

Also--and this is really the point I'd like all of us to take away from this-- her boyfriend and brother could both kick the living crap out of any three of us.

Anonymous said...

or all three of you.

Hornless Rhino said...

Right you are--all three of us, and the horses we rode in on.