Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Chuck Norris Internet Meme

Okay, this is admittedly off-topic, but my brain is still trying to process the concept of LeBron in white panty hose.

Over the past month or so, I've been e-mailed various versions of all sorts of facts about actor and martial artist Chuck Norris, and have dutifully forwarded those on to others. If you haven't received an e-mail version of "Chuck Norris Facts," then you're probably the only person in English-speaking world who hasn't. However, the rate at which they're appearing has accelerated, and the Chuck Norris Internet meme appears to be expanding into new media. For example, yesterday, I got this, which is a tape of Tony Danza reading "Chuck Norris Facts" to Chuck Norris. This morning, a friend of mine sent me this, from last week's episode of Saturday Night Live. Then somebody else sent me this.

If you Google "Chuck Norris Facts," you will turn up over 500,000 results. My guess is that every site on the Internet may reference Chuck Norris in less than a week.

No comments: