Sunday, December 25, 2005

La Vigilia

To Italian-Americans, December 24th is La Vigilia di Natale, the Christmas Vigil. Earlier, I did the same thing I've done every year of my life---eat fish and drink a little vino. My family is pretty traditional in that we have at least 7 fish entrees and no meat. My aunt served spaghetti with squid, spaghetti with clams, scallops, baccala, fried smelts, tilapia, shrimp and stuffed calamari. As always, there was far too much food, and I continued to eat even after I was stuffed. Then I had a little more vino to make room for dessert. It was a good day.

I really didn't even think about the brutal spanking the Browns suffered today. I was too content. I'll let the Rhino be miserable about that.

I've really got nothing more to say other than Buon Natale.

1 comment:

Hornless Rhino said...

Buon Natale a voi anche.

According to the free web translator I'm using, I either wished you a Merry Christmas too or just invited you to join NATO.

In case of confusion, I meant Merry Christmas.